Thursday 20 September 2012

Handbag Design Competition Clarks 2011


Whilst working at my part time job (Clarks) a newsletter came to store advertising a Handbag Design Competition. My face lit up with excitement. The winning entry for the competition would have the opportunity to work with the Handbag Range Manager and a Supplier to go through the procedures of seeing your entry on paper to being actually made! I had to send my design of along with a mood/presentation board reflecting the potential consumer and my inspirations. Finally i heard back, as i had a call from the regional director congratulating me as my entry had won. :) It was then confirmed that i was to go to london to meet with the Handbag Range Manager and Supplier to discuss materials and components etc.. for the bag to be made. I was overjoyed, It was a fabulous experience, having the chance to see the real world of design and seeing a glimps of how it works. Also i have built up a good relationship with the Handbag Range Manager, who has offered me to go for work Placement. What a great start.

This was my design entry



No comments:

Post a Comment