Friday 25 January 2013

Final Degree Show Options

Today i had a discussion with my tutor to reflect on last semesters work and discussing how to move forward aiming to achive final products for the final degree show which i will take part in this May/June and to then take to exhibit at New Designers in London.

I would like to make my degree show look like a window display, Within it i would like to create a wall hanging that could be considered for interiors, such as wall paper, also i would like to make my own origarmi gift boxes and giftwares, and finally a dress whhich i am undecided wether it to be made out of paper or fabric. It was suggested that paper would be a good idea as the rest of my exhibition will be paper products that all releate to show paper patter that suggests it can be used for wallpaper, gift wrap etc..

I am happy with these ideas and am excited to get started. I have thought about how i can put these ideas into practice and contacted the likes of companies such as Fab Lab in Manchester to register to use there equipment for the laser cut doilies i want and i have contacted Anstey Wallpaper Company to see if i can arrange to visit there studio and factory. This has been a success as a really nice lady contacted me back and has allowed me to book in for Thursday 7th Febury. I have also contacted Graham & Brown, but not yet had a reply, i will keep you posted about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment