Wednesday 24 April 2013

Giftware's Research

I have been building up a collection of research on giftware products that are currently on sale in the marketplace. This is to ensure I am aware of the competition and that i am gaining the knowledge to aim my products to be sold at the correct stores at the right price.

These images have been taken from my visits to see the giftware collection in John Lewis, Trafford Centre. I have enjoyed looking at their collection as I like the different shapes and designs that they use for their different products like gift bags and boxes that take you away from the standard ones you find elsewhere. 


The above image demonstrates this as you can see the variety in gift bags and boxes on sale. The left image has some of Orla Kiely giftware's on display. Her gift bags are made wider than the standard styles and deeper. Also the images show you a box has been made out of the shape of what looks like a Mc Donald's Happy Meal box, but it does look effective and nice. 





These are some gift wraps on display in John Lewis.



The above image is a gift wrap i seen in Clinton Cards, it was part of the wedding collection and i liked the flow of pattern printed onto it and the simple colour way. 


These below are all taken from paper chase at different times i have visited over the last couple of months 




As you can see they tend to display their gift wrap in colour ways. I don't really like how they are displayed on the ladder stand, you don't get to enjoy the vision on one, but commercially I understand why they do this, as displaying all these individually would take up too much space. Im not sure yet how i would like to display my gift wrap, i'm still looking and thinking of a quirky way.



No comments:

Post a Comment